[conspire] new laptop Fedora 13 with NVIDIA graphics card - yum update - now only blank screen

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sun Sep 19 10:29:18 PDT 2010

I purchased a new laptop from Linux Certified with Fedora 13 installed.

I did "yum update". Now I only have a blank screen when I try to boot
the laptop. Since I can't see anything I have no idea what is going
on.

I did the yum update yesterday. I thought I had rebooted successfully
and left the laptop on with the power supply plugged in and the cover
down. Now I only see a blank screen. I did a hard shutdown and when I
try to boot, I only get a blank screen.

I tried putting a Fedora 11 live CD and still only get a blank screen.

Any suggestions?

Thank you
Darlene Wallach
--