[conspire] (forw) Re: UNIX beginner asks: what's a good forum for q's about command-line utilities?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Sep 2 23:23:46 PDT 2010

----- Forwarded message from Michael Gray <michaelcgray at gmail.com> -----

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 17:47:05 -0700
From: Michael Gray <michaelcgray at gmail.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
Subject: Re: UNIX beginner asks: what's a good forum for q's about
	command-line utilities?

Thank you for the prompt and thoughtful answer! I solved my immediate
problem using * as a wildcard; my file naming convention was standardised,
and my file set small, such that this worked. I like your answer of using
grep / egrep and piping it to mv; I will play with that. Your newsgroup
recommendation is the best thing I've heard all week.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and thanks again!

[snip quotation of the entire prior thread.]

----- End forwarded message -----