[conspire] broken screen

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 20 18:00:55 PDT 2010

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> my wife's Acer Aspire One (AOD150) broke its screen (technically, i was at
> fault) and i am looking to replace it.

What he (Luke) said.

The only justifiably priced sources of replacement screens for laptops
are other broken laptops, so eBay, Craigslist, etc., so then the
remaining question is whether you're willing to do the swapout yourself
or hire a shop.

I had some laptop work done a few years ago, to repair my now-ancient
Dell Inspiron 7000, at a place on El Camino Real right where Mountain
View becomes Sunnyvale, and they were OK.  Sorry to say, I can't
remember the place's name, but perhaps that might help.  (It's on the
logical-west side of the street, i.e., on your right as you enter
Sunnyvale.)