[conspire] running a web photo share

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 19 16:29:38 PDT 2010

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> Hi all,
> think i asked before, but not sure i got a (satisfactory) answer.
>
> i am looking for a web photo share application to run on my server.
> currently running gallery3, but not too happy with it. i need something that
> will support email notification on new images/album, while having a decent
> interface, preferably with comments.
>
> any recommendation?

This is a category of Web app I've never played with in any way, so it
would be highly inappropriate for me to give a _recommendation_, but I
can tell you about candidates that others have mentioned to me.

I collect links about each and small summaries of them here:
'Gallery Alternatives' on http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps

> i looked at apachegallery, phpalbum, albumshaper and more

Please detail the 'more', so I can add mention of them to the
cited page.  I'm just about to add apachegallery, phpalbum, and
albumshaper.

(Except in rare cases where specifically noted, the pages in my
knowledgebase are neither reviews nor recommendations.  They merely
aim to let people know what exists, how to do things, etc.)