[conspire] recording activities of authorities [Re: Idiot waiver demands]

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:42:19 PDT 2010

Ruben,
you raise many points. i'm sure most of my answers won't appease you, but
i'll try:
your point about Jews being persecuted is true, to a point. i think that in
recent years this has gone down, specifically in the western world, and most
specifically in the US, where ADL et al are raising voices about anything
less then praising Jews (and lately, on things not concerning Jews at all).
it might be more frequent in other, more rural parts of the US, definitely
not in the bay area.
in that regard, it is important to note the difference between
antisemitism and anti-Israel. most of the protest going on in the western
world today are aimed towards Israel as a state and it's policy, not on
the nationality of the citizens. and in most of these cases, the official
state of Israel finds it beneficial to spin those as antisemitic, to
de-legitimize  the protest. this often comes on the expense on Jews outside
of Israel, as they are being dragged into the fight and endangered by the
same state that has pledged to keep them safe.
also, it is worth noting that most of the resistance organisations in Gaza
and Judea are not antisemitic and have not committed any violent acts
outside of Israel/PA territory.
so, your'e point about world hatred is wrong. if anything, we (as Israelis)
are doing a good job in convincing everyone that any criticism against us
means they hate us, and by that - pushing them towards it.
but if anywhere - i would say that of all the places you can live in as a
Jew - PA territories are probably the most dangerous for you. why is it
again that you want to go live there? if you want to expand the official
border (by making the PA territories part of Israel) - shouldn't you move to
within Israel (place like Kfar Saba, or places more in need of development,
like Sde-Boker in hte Negev)? settling in the heart of the dispute sounds
like a provocation to me. maybe you do not share that.
frankly, i'm not sure i am against having the state of Israel from the see
to the river. HOWEVER, you will need to take the people who currently live
there and make them part of your country, as equal citizens. we are in the
21st century and second grade citizens are not something taken lightly. a
state where Israelis and Palestinians, Jews and Muslims live together and in
harmony is my utopia as well, not just yours.
if, however, you think that the way to do that is to transfer them to other
locations (i think you mentioned the term 'ethnic cleansing'), than i will
argue with you in more ways than emails. everything that was done to you
does not entitle you to do the same, and if you do - you deserve all
that persecution and more. you will not need me to demonize you.

Ehud