[conspire] should I format Seagate FreeAgent Go 1T in ext3 or leave as is?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Mar 27 22:39:29 PDT 2010

Quoting Darlene Wallach (freepalestin at dslextreme.com):

> Thought I'd check. I'm thinking I should format the Seagate FreeAgent
> Go 1T in ext3. Does that make sense or should I leave it as is?

I would.  Looks like the larger problem is the device's default setting
of doing spindown on its own initiative.  Here are solutions to that
problem:  http://alienghic.livejournal.com/382903.html

--
Rick Moen            "Commas are probably the most misunderstood of all
rick at linuxmafia.com  punctuation.  They frequently dress in black, listen