[conspire] Power outage, last night and this morning

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Jan 19 13:55:30 PST 2010

In the middle of the night, last night (maybe 3 AM), power to my house
went out, which among other things took my server offline.  Power came
back on at just past noon, so we apparently had power out for about 8-10
hours.

PG&E has Web pages where you can allegedly look up status of current power
outages (http://www.pge.com/myhome/customerservice/energystatus/outagemap/).

Here's what they had to say about Menlo Park at 11:45 AM today:

> Menlo Park:
> 5 outage(s) affecting 1 to 49 customer(s)
> Cause: Unknown
> Start Time of Outage: 01/19/2010 11:23:00 AM
> Est. Time of Restoration: Not Available
> Last Updated: 01/19/2010 11:23:40 AM

I count exactly one correct and useful datum, there:  the timestamp.
All the other data are either wrong or useless.  Yay, PG&E!