[conspire] I get mail

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Jan 2 19:32:30 PST 2010

begin Rick Moen quotation of Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 06:57:18PM -0800:

> Every once in a while, I send a polite explanation back to these people,
> mostly to find out if they'll bother to at least write back and say "Oh,
> sorry about that.  Thank you."  They never do.  Not word one out of
> this one.

Dude, you're building a mailing list of people who
somehow got to be responsible for doing something
with computers but have no idea how.  There must be
something that somebody wants to sell to people like
that. (Just change the paragraph in the article that
says "don't send your support questions to Rick's
personal email" to "See your software's documentation
or web site to find the right place to ask questions,
or MAIL RICK FOR FREE WHITE PAPER.")

Good essay about small-scale online information
business opportunities, among other things:
  http://gilesbowkett.blogspot.com/2009/12/blogs-are-godless-communist-bullshit.html

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org