[conspire] More Firefox Addon problems - this tie from MS

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Feb 13 08:55:47 PST 2010

begin Ruben I Safir quotation of Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:33:17AM -0500:
> On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 07:59:47AM -0800, Don Marti wrote:
> > begin Ed Biow quotation of Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 05:45:41PM -0800:
> >
> > > I use ssh-server all the time from inside my home network, but am a
> > > little unclear how I'd do if over the net to their house, given that
> > > they don't have a fixed IP address.  Their ISP would just assign a
> > > random IP address, no?
> >
> > Right, so set the remote system up with an SSH tunnel
> > that will come up and down automatically when they
> > get on the net.
> >
> >   http://zgp.org/~dmarti/warez/tunnel-up
> >   http://zgp.org/~dmarti/warez/tunnel-down
> >
> > (You'll need to make a special-purpose "tunnel"
> > user on the system they're connecting to.)
> >
> that might not help him FIND the server when the IP address changes.
> ...if I understand the problem correctly.

Run the tunnel from the friend's machine either to
the admin's machine, or to a "meet me" host with a
static IP address.  Then ssh to the other end of the
connection to get in.  Ssh over ssh.  (And you only
have to run sshd on lo on the friend's machine.)

http://zgp.org/~dmarti/
dmarti at zgp.org