[conspire] would this be a good external hard drive for my Linux Certified laptop?

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Sat Feb 6 10:04:53 PST 2010

I'm looking at external hard drives for my Linux Certified laptop that
I would carry around with me. I have a part-time job that I use my
laptop for. I need more disk space and thought an external drive I
carry with me would make sense.

I found this on Central Computing. Even though Linux is not listed,
I'm assuming there would be no problem. I currently have Fedora 10
installed. Months ago I tried installing Fedora 11 on my laptop and
could not get my laptop to boot after installation - separate issue.

Can anyone recommend or warn me away from this external hard drive?
I'm thinking the "rugged" will protect the hard drive given I'll be
carrying it around with the laptop.

http://www.centralcomputers.com/ccp68099--lacie-301371-rugged-500gb-2-5--fw-fw800-usb-5400-301371-drilac30186r.htm

Thank you!

equal justice under law,