[conspire] vpnc gui, not Network Manager

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 22 11:03:32 PST 2010

Quoting Ehud Kaldor (ehud.kaldor at gmail.com):

> i have considered going the console script route and hoped to avoid it.

When Christian and Denise Huebner get back from their trip abroad, I'll
ask Christian what if anything he uses to front-end the open-source vpnc
software when he uses it.  ('vpncfe' is a Win32 front end, and is
intended for use with Cisco's client, so ignore references to it.)

As you've doubtless found out, namespace collisions make it difficult to
distinguish software for use with the open-source vpnc from those
intended to be used with Cisco VPNC.  KVpnc for KDE might be either of
those; can't tell offhand, but I _think_ (pretty sure) it's for the
open-source one (and for various other VPN clients and IPSec
implementations, in fact, e.g., FreeS/WAN, racoon, etc).
http://home.gna.org/kvpnc/en/index.html

gvpnc, the GNOME equivalent, predictably also exists.
http://code.google.com/p/gvpnc/  VPNWiz is another
GNOMEish thing, but I can't tell which client or clients it works with.

That should give you a good start.