[conspire] vpnc gui, not Network Manager

Ehud Kaldor ehud.kaldor at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:00:07 PST 2010

indeed,
VPNC = Cisco's VPN (which my workplace chose to work with),
wicd - a replacement for NetworkManager, which apparently works better,
except for the (now probably obvious) - it has no VPN applet.
i have considered going the console script route and hoped to avoid it.
there are things i prefer GUIs for, mostly for the indication - as with the
connection itself, and for the VPN, i get with the one glance over the
notification area to know if i'm connected and if i'm connected to the VPN.
the connection action itself does require some tinkering over building the
scripts, but i guess it is a worthy effort. as i said, the indication part
is more important.

than again, maybe it's a good reason to learn Python. been looking for
one...

Ehud