[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 90, Issue 1

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 1 16:24:27 PST 2010

Compix provides the excuse to eliminate the old [ctrl][alt][+] feature I still consider a major omission from any nix. os. . [ see my bcoston page on googlesites ] And it's huge compared to getting zoom the old way , count on many bugs from sheer code size alone .

--- On Wed, 12/1/10, conspire-request at linuxmafia.com <conspire-request at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
...Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> This stuff makes me crazy.  What is Compiz??  And why do a need a 3d
> window manager?

Compiz is/was the original 3D-compositing window manager for X11,
developed by Novell in 2006.

I was working at Cadence Design Systems in 2006, and got to see a demo
by the Novell people of the Novell Linux 9.0 beta, which feat...