[conspire] (forw) Re: Your web-site Causes Firefox to Download the Pages Instead of Viewing Them

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Wed Aug 25 06:50:38 PDT 2010

begin Rick Moen quotation of Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 01:39:40AM -0700:

> Good idea.  At $WORK, I actually often use Konqueror as a half-assed
> gesture at that role (instead of Iceweasel/Firefox).

Another way to make sure you're seeing what's
coming from the server at the time is Web Developer
Extension's "Disable : Caching".    This is a handy
tool for checking and configuring all kinds of stuff:

  http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

(I'm still dragging the same Apache config file
around that I've had since Red Hat 4.0 days., with
all the virtual hosts inline.  Yeech but working,
and at least it's in etckeeper.)

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/