[conspire] Domain expirations, domain speculators

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Sep 27 16:29:58 PDT 2009

Here's a follow-up.  I hope I'm being over-pessimistic, but this seems
like a classic case-study in how domains slip away.  Steven thinks
everything's fine because Dotster changed the expiration date to 2010,
but I had just tried to specifically warn him and Raph that this is
misleading information and is the very opposite of reassuring.

Formal expiration was last Monday, so five days would have been
Saturday.  They can probably save the domain if they call Dotster ASAP,
but I fear Steven and Raph will not do so.