[conspire] CABAL meeting tomorrow (also, webmail security discussed here)

Jean Philippe Granchi granchijp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 15:24:57 PDT 2009

Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Edward Cherlin (echerlin at gmail.com):
>
>> Firefox provides encrypted password storage, using 3DES in CBC Mode.
>>
> Indeed, but what one really wants is a central, encrypted store for
> _all_ sorts of security tokens, not just Web sites, so that you can have
> globally unique tokens in use everywhere, but not have to worry about
> it....
> Also, it's really a huge improvement to general security, in my opinion,
> for me to _not_ ever access that password database on any
> general-purpose computer, and instead only on my PDA.  It's much, much
> easier to protect that data against security compromise.

Thank you Rick it is a very interesting post,

It's a very good point but my concern is:
What if you loose your PDA, would you remember that your mother is from
a Magellanic Cloud ?
You do Backup on a PC ?

I like to access Passwords from my computers so right now I use KeePassX
(Linux, Windows, OpenSolaris) (http://www.keepassx.org) and FTP the DB
to a space I have on the Internet for synchronization purpose (to
multiple OS and computers)

I'm very interested to know what others do.

Regards,
Jean-Philippe