[conspire] CABAL for tomorrow

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Oct 23 16:43:11 PDT 2009

Hey there.  I'm not sure, yet, what I'll be cooking for tomorrow's CABAL
meeting -- but something.  Meanwhile, we're edging up on major
distribution releases, and I'm about to burn a few to media:

$ find {/home/rmoen/isos,/isos} -maxdepth 1 -name '*iso' -print | sort
/home/rmoen/isos/CentOS-5.4-x86_64-bin-DVD.iso
/isos/CentOS-5.4-i386-bin-DVD.iso
/isos/openbsd-install-4.6-i386.iso
/isos/openbsd-install-4.6-x86_64.iso
/isos/pup-431.iso
/isos/ubuntu-9.10-rc-alternate-amd64.iso
/isos/ubuntu-9.10-rc-alternate-i386.iso
/isos/ubuntu-9.10-rc-desktop-amd64.iso
/isos/ubuntu-9.10-rc-desktop-i386.iso

CentOS 5.4 is of course RHEL5 Update 4 with the serial numbers filed off.

Puppy Linux 4.3.1 -- well, you know that one.

OpenBSD just in case someone wants it for some reason.  And:

Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" release candidate, in the usual flavours.
(There are also various Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Ubuntu Studio, and Mythbuntu
images.  But nobody asked for those, and I am trying to keep wasteage
down.)

(There's a Fedora 12 beta out, an OpenSUSE 11.2 release candidate, an
Elive development release, and a second release candidate for Mandriva
Linux 2010.  Actual releases to follow.)

Don't forget:  A couple of guys are intending to have this Saturday's
CABAL be (among other things) an official Microsoft "Windows 7 party"
event.  Speaking of which:

http://picasaweb.google.com/cschlaeger/JapanLinuxSymposium#5395358413061926434