[conspire] No CABAL meeting on Saturday, Nov. 28th

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 17 14:52:34 PST 2009

A member wrote me offlist to remind me about the Thanksgiving issue.
Short answer:  No CABAL meeting on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
Next meeting will be Saturday, December 12th, 2009.

Long answer:

Deirdre and I traditionally attend LosCon near LAX airport.  It's always
on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  Thanksgiving is (in the USA) always
the 4th Thursday in November.  The 4th _Saturday_ in November (otherwise
a CABAL day) is _usually_ that Saturday.  So, most years, the 2nd CABAL in
November gets cancelled.

But not always.  Here's one of the outlying cases, that of the year
2013:

$ cal 11 2013
   November 2013
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                1  2
 3  4  5  6  7  8  9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Thanksgiving Day will be Thursday, November 28th.  LosCon is over the
following weekend -- a weekend that includes the month's _5th_ Saturday.
That will be a year that LosCon won't conflict with the CABAL dates,
November 9th and November 23rd.

--
Rick Moen                            "If accuracy / Is what you crave /
rick at linuxmafia.com                  Then you should call it / Myanmar Shave."