[conspire] [take #2] cute little web page of Linux/Unix commands

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Tue Mar 31 19:12:42 PDT 2009

All,

[Delete the first take. I omitted the URL.]

Stumbled across this cute little page of Linux/Unix commands. Very nice
little presentation:

o   Linux Commands - A practical reference
    http://www.pixelbeat.org/cmdline.html

Five things chosen at random from that page that I didn't know:

1.  grep --color reference /usr/share/dict/words
    Highlight occurrences of regular expression in dictionary

2.  wget --limit-rate=20k url
    Do a low priority download (limit to 20KB/s in this case)

3.  iwlist scan
    List wireless networks in range

4.  date -d fri
    What date is it this friday. See also day

5.  recode /qp.. < file.txt > file.qp
    Quoted printable decode

Forwarded FYI,
Eric
--
"India is the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech,
the mother of history, grandmother of legend, and great grand mother of

Eric De Mund   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002
ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | ICQ: 811788