[conspire] need assistance installing Fedora-10 on laptop from ISO on external hard drive

Darlene Wallach freepalestin at dslextreme.com
Wed Mar 25 14:02:17 PDT 2009

I apologize for having to ask this question. I know I've done this on my
desktop. I have not been able to figure out how to install from an external
hard drive.

I don't have a DVD burner. I downloaded the Fedora-10 i386 DVD iso onto an
external harddrive. I have the external hard drive connected to my laptop
with firewire.

I can't figure out how to get to the "boot:" prompt on my laptop so I can
type "linux askmethod" and boot from the hard drive.

I tried booting from a Fedora-9 live CD and a Fedora-9 install DVD but I
didn't see an opportunity to type "linux askmethod"

I want to install Fedora-10 today so I can install Kdenlive for the PenLUG
meeting on Thu, 26th March - nothing like waiting until the last minute.

If someone can advise me on how to get Fedora-10 installed from Fedora-10
i386 DVD iso on an external hard drive, it will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your attention,
Darlene Wallach