[conspire] Elive disc

bruce coston jane_ikari at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 26 14:26:13 PDT 2009

Got it and got the usb stick to work after extra fiddling w k3b on a different os. install , as Elive ships w some app. that doesn't make standard .iso's .  Now how do I get my KDE3. etc. here , I could try shrinking the 2g partition on the usb flash drive and adding a repository there to menu.list , but I'm not sure so it'll have to wait for now .  :
...From: bruce coston <jane_ikari at yahoo.com>
Subject: [conspire] getting the new elive to usb it with KDE3 - or not...
And , I may not get the cd. due to the phone companies' apparent bad ports despite our 'ISP.' bugging them about it .?? Specifically my attempt last night came up a few bits shy of the known size of the cd. .? Do they routinely swap in other suspect components when one complains to them about bad ports at their exchange ; I've heard stories , and that rawbandwidth does a good job of bullying them back into doing what = required .?
...The new ELIVE seems very promising with the new make a usb stick feature .? I use the earlier unstable elive without compiz eye candy on laptop3 , my main box , but only ever boot the default wm. once .? So I need to stuff real KDE3.x onto the distro , at least MY usb. stick . I've never had good luck messing with distro. internals .? ...
> And , I may not get the cd. due to the phone companies' apparent bad
> ports despite our 'ISP.' bugging them about it . Specifically my
> attempt last night came up a few bits shy of the known size of the cd.

Do I correctly guess that you mean elive_1.9.31_unstable.iso ?

I'm downloading that, and will carefully check its MD5SUM and burn a
copy for you.  If you're not willing to wait for Saturday's CABAL
meeting, you can come by tomorrow evening.

(I don't have my burner drive with me today, nor blank CDs, either.)