[conspire] (forw) Thanks for hosting 6/13, and inquiring about 6/27

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:45:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> "cal" is definitely my friend.  "cal -3" and "cal -y" are particularly
> useful variants.

Not only that, Rick was (ostensibly) using mutt for a mailer and vi(m)
as an editor. The latter sports a feature that enabled Rick to just
put the calendar for June into the email was the "r!" command. It's a
very useful feature. What it lets you do is to run a command in the
background (here, cal) and paste its output automagically right in the
text you're editing.

Works with anything that sends to stdout.

thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.