[conspire] (forw) Thanks for hosting 6/13, and inquiring about 6/27

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 18:45:58 PDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> "cal" is definitely my friend.  "cal -3" and "cal -y" are particularly
> useful variants.

Not only that, Rick was (ostensibly) using mutt for a mailer and vi(m)
as an editor. The latter sports a feature that enabled Rick to just
put the calendar for June into the email was the "r!" command. It's a
very useful feature. What it lets you do is to run a command in the
background (here, cal) and paste its output automagically right in the
text you're editing.

Works with anything that sends to stdout.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.