[conspire] (real) Installfest in a Box

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 15 16:58:07 PDT 2009

Quoting Grant Bowman (grantbow at gmail.com):

> Did I correctly recall the name "Installfest in a Box" from the other day?

I suspect that's your creation -- but it's catchy.

> If a project were created to produce this system and it were to
> continue past the necessarily extensive testing phase, what distro
> would you prefer to use as a base? Debian?  I would like to particpate
> in it's development.

I think it's a bit premature to pick platforms.  If I do a prototype
box, it'll probably be _on_ Debian for the sole reason that I tend to
start using that, for most purposes.  But there wouldn't be anything
Debian-specific about the work.  Even putting it into package form would
be a much later step.