[conspire] Fwd: Installfest tomorrow, Sunday, 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 PM Geary & Scott

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 15 12:53:23 PDT 2009

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> If you had arrived under those circumstances, we would have helped you
> install Linux on your box.

Glad to hear it -- even though, if I recall correctly, you were equipped
to install only exactly one Linux distribution, in exactly one flavour
(Ubuntu).

On reflection, your events have certainly not been the first to slightly
strain the word "installfest" to mean primarily "come help us install
Linux onto someone else's machine":  The "installfest for schools" event
that Andrew ran opened that door, somewhat, too -- but with the
difference that it was fully disclosed that the event was _for_ schools.