[conspire] July schedule posted

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 13 18:21:21 PDT 2009

Quoting Tony Godshall (tony at of.net):

> Maybe I'll set up a generalized scraper site with some heuristics that
> parses BALE periodically and converts it to icalendar for people.
> That way I won't have to bother you folks and you can just point
> people who complain about no ics file my way.  Plus then I can add
> recipes for other calendars as the need arises.  Scratch my own itch,
> as they say.
>
> Won't be this week or the next week, tho.

Not a problem.  Glad to offer data you find useful.

I'm personally hoping to develop locally some uncomplicated and robust
way to add iCal format and syndication -- including the event items
your script currently bails on, and with proper handling of year
rollover.

> And no, I won't be baited into the religious war, Rick.  Nice try though.

Excuse me?  Do you think I _like_ PHP?  You would be mistaken.  I
think it's rather loathsome.

I don't like either that language or dynamic Web content.

In the alternative, you might have been frantically overparsing my
mentioning of Deirdre's recently announced intention to write a MySQL ->
iCal parser in Ruby.  I mentioned that merely because it's so, and
because the fact seemed relevant:  I could not possibly care less about
what coding languages you like or dislike, and "baiting" anyone on that
subject wouldn't have occurred to me at all.