[conspire] July schedule posted

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon Jul 13 18:04:27 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 13, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Deirdre Saoirse
Moen<deirdre at deirdre.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jul 2009, Rick Moen wrote:
>
>> Quoting Tony Godshall (tony at of.net):
>>
>> > But yes, it's good that you got over it once you understood that I
>> > hadn't understood that you have a large and complex php and mysql
>> > structure you'd rather not change...
>>
>> I could swear I said that BALE is PHP-driven immediately.  Also, the
>> subject has come up quite frequently on this mailing list in the past.
>
> I don't see how complicated it could possibly be given that I literally
> wrote it in an hour and have spent fewer than four hours in as many years
> peering at the code.
>
> I think the only times it's needed any help was when there was some change
> to mysql that needed some handholding.

Well, it's been fun, and I guess we all understand each other now.

Maybe I'll set up a generalized scraper site with some heuristics that
parses BALE periodically and converts it to icalendar for people.
That way I won't have to bother you folks and you can just point
people who complain about no ics file my way.  Plus then I can add
recipes for other calendars as the need arises.  Scratch my own itch,
as they say.

Won't be this week or the next week, tho.

And no, I won't be baited into the religious war, Rick.  Nice try though.

Tony