[conspire] (forw) Ubuntu Netbook Remix Install

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Jan 25 17:29:12 PST 2009

----- Forwarded message from Gloria Bromberg <muymuy1109 at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 17:08:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Gloria Bromberg <muymuy1109 at yahoo.com>
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>, jim <jim at well.com>,
	daniel at gimpelevich.san-fancisco.ca.us
Subject: Ubuntu Netbook Remix Install

Greetings, Fellow Mafiosi,

I am proud to announce I am a made woman.  Last night I successfully installed UNR on my Acer Aspire One netbook.  Everything works, including WiFi; I'm writing to you now from a Mission District coffee house.

My initiation would not have been possible without the assistance of you three.  Your collective willingness to educate me in the ways of Linux, and provide the necessary fixes / reinstalls on my Acer gave me the balls to persevere in my quest for entry into the family.

Through your (man)handling, my Acer has spilled its guts and revealed its most secret formulas.  Except one; How to get WiFi to talk.  So I figured, what the hell?  I gotta prove myself sometime.  Might as well be now (otherwise, it could be concrete boots for me).
With online instructions from the Ubuntu Godfather, I managed to download UNR to my SSD, load it on a USB drive, and then installed UNR from the USB.

Fuckin' A!!!  The shit works!  All of it!

Thank you.  I owe it all to you guys.  If ever you want me to, uh, return the favors, just lemme know.  You know where to find me.

Your Cousin,
Gloria