[conspire] Unbound and DHCP on home computer

roger at rogerchrisman.com roger at rogerchrisman.com
Tue Dec 15 12:47:25 PST 2009

Nick, simply elegant:

>Take a look at /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf, and you should see an entry
>like the following:
>
>       #prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;
>
>Uncomment that, and you should be golden, with localhost trumping any
>remote DNS servers.

Done. Then _restarted network connection_ and now my Unbound instance
gets asked first, via 127.0.0.1. I used "dig example.com" to verify.

Right below the above "prepend" line in /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf is
the "request" parameter Jean mentioned. Beautiful. I will leave that
request unchanged for now. Glad to know where it is.

Thanks for the thoughtful and very helpful replies,

Roger                                                   -- example.com
is not some annoying Web billboard. Yeah!
on Xubuntu 9.10