[conspire] Unbound and DHCP on home computer

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Dec 14 18:51:44 PST 2009

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> 	#prepend domain-name-servers 127.0.0.1;

In the same spirit, I find this response from Thomas Hood to a bug filed
on the Debian resolvconf package that had suggested that resolvconf
"allow overriding of nameserver entries":

   First of all, resolvconf already puts addresses for lo.* first and
   truncates the nameserver list in resolv.conf after the first 127.*
   address.

   Second, overriding is already possible in more than one way.  One
   can add a

      nameserver w.x.y.z

   line to /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/head so that this line always
   appears before a "nameserver" line generated by resolvconf.  Thus
   w.x.y.z will override any other addresses in the sense that it will
   be tried first.

(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=366309)

I was actually just reading the 15 existing bugs for that package, just
to make sure I wouldn't be an annoying git if I filed a new bug asking
for resolvconf support of Unbound, MaraDNS, and dnscache, e.g., if
someone had already asked -- but the above and your own suggestion
arguably make support for those nameservers unnecessary, I think.