[conspire] iso images on hard drive / s

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 20 19:34:11 PDT 2009

Quoting Bruce Coston (jane_ikari at yahoo.com):

> I need to beg another copy from someone else when I lose a DVD. from
> scratches or anything else. I've lost many such discs.

This Saturday would be an excellent time for you to duplicate freely,
Bruce:  I have the CABAL collection in excellent shape, and have that
nice, new CD/DVD/BluRay burner in an external USB/eSATA case that you
are most welcome to use.

> As an aside, the latest Kademar looks promising, I liked the last one
> better than both Sidux and Elive.

OK, I'm downloading both the Kademar Linux 4.9 "Leo" (latest) DVD image
and the Kademar Linux 4.8 "Lyra" CD image.  (Apparently, 4.8 was the
last release where they were able to keep the size below 700 MB.)  I'll
burn 'em tomorrow.

I can see why it would appeal to you:  KDE 3.5.10, based on Debian 5.0
"lenny", kernel 2.6.28.7, and some custom system-configuration tools.

I'm not going to learn Catalan to use it, though.  ;->