[conspire] CD/DVD media [was Re: Installfest in Fremont]

Tony Godshall tony at of.net
Mon Aug 17 17:24:59 PDT 2009

> I had way more success with + than with - in the past but honestly ... too
> much factors, it is very hard to find good and reliable media, I think it is
> best to think at CD-R or DVD+-R as temporary media, carry your ISO in some
> harddrives and then burn the CD/DVD on the spot.

Yes, and external USB can apparently now be made to boot .iso image
files.  This is a purported feature of Grub 2 but I havent tried it yet.

In this scenario you carry all your ISOs on a USB drive or stick and
generally boot off it and carry just a small number of blank CDs and
DVDs for those older machines that can't boot off USB

Tony