[conspire] More anxieties from my .deb net install .

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 08:02:20 PDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM, bruce coston<jane_ikari at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Everything seems okay but I noticed lots of 32 bit stuff coming down when I
> installed flash 10 from the adobe site onto my 64x3 boxes 64 bit stable
> install . Am I losing something other than disk space this way .

Some programs (especially on stable) like that are only available in
32-bit because they are non-free, and the supplier is a third party
(like Adobe Flash). There is a 64 bit version, but it's not going to
be in debian stable.

There's also gnash, which is 64 bit, because it's free, and open
source. But it's not as far along as the Adobe product.

As long as you have the Intel 32 bit compatibility libraries you
should be fine.

--
thanks for letting me change the magnetic patterns on your hard disk.