[conspire] Warning to domain owners: renewal/transfer scam

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Tue Sep 30 08:45:35 PDT 2008

Rick,

Roger Chrisman <roger at rogerchrisman.com>:
> I concur. I got something like that via USPS paper mail several months
> ago regarding one of my domains and addressed to me the way I and my
> domain are openly registered and not from the registrar I use. Seemed
> like a poor deal -- $75.00 for one years registration or something
> similarly ridiculous. It read very similar to the email you quoted. I
> tossed it. Thanks for the warning.

An thank you from this quarter as well. I appreciate the heads up.

I received one of these scam letters last year, and fortunately recog-
nized it for what it was. Amazing how similar to the old Network Solu-
tions domain registration/renewal document this bogus document was.

Eric
--
Eric De Mund   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002