[conspire] Fwd: [OLPC-Chicago] Test Fedora. Get a free XO.

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 00:15:31 PDT 2008

FYI. Pass it on, but don't spam it everywhere, please.

Notice that the 2G SanDisk SD card you will need is shown at $34.99,
and the 4G card at $39.99. YMMV.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 8:21 PM, Mel Chua <mel at melchua.com> wrote:
> Thought you folks might be interested in this - particularly relevant to
> people who don't already have their own XO. (Kevin, sending you the
> email in case IMSA folks aren't using the openplans mailing list any more.)

Can't have too many XOs. ^_^

> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/OLPC/Fedora_on_XO
>
> "When OLPC starts their next Give 1 Get 1 program, there will be an
> option to purchase an upgrade that will allow users to run a standard
> Linux desktop, based on Fedora 10, on their XO system.
>
> In order to make sure that this works properly, we need testers. And we
> are willing to swap testing time for (almost) free XOs."
>
> Link has more details. Go, go, go!

Don't panic.--HHGTTG, Douglas Adams
fivethirtyeight.com, 3bluedudes.com Obama still ahead in EC!
http://www.obamapedia.org/ Join us!
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Mokurai For the children