[conspire] eats Sat.

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sat Oct 25 13:44:11 PDT 2008

Rick Moen:
> One wonders if there's any yeast action from there, or if you're
> relying solely on the baking powder?

I'd imagine that the yeast action that normally produces the "fizz"
contributes at least somewhat to the leavening.

Experimenting with different beers has fun results.  Been meaning to
find some really malty beers to cook this with.

> Anyway, I've been using just a plain old jar of (dried) commercial
> active baking yeast, and following Marcus Ranum's suggestions:
> http://www.ranum.com/fun/recipes/pizza.html

Best thing I ever did was to buy a cheap basil plant at the supermarket
and just stick the whole pot in a bowl of water.  It works sort of like
those violet pots where you just fill the outer bowl up as high as you
like and ignore it for a week until the roots inside the pot and
evaporation finish their work.

Fresh basil on demand, and I don't have to worry that I forgot to water
it for a day.  Usually I just dump the water from half-finished drinking
glasses in.

Now I'm looking for a surefire basil pizza sauce recipe.  I'd love to
have whatever it is Zachary's uses!

--
"Man, if everything were object-oriented then rsync         Nick Moffitt
could do this already. Of course, if everything were       nick at zork.net