[conspire] How does changing CABAL to 1-9 pm sound?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu May 1 17:51:28 PDT 2008

Currently and traditionally, CABAL has started at 4 pm and ended at
midnight.  Like pretty much any other hours we could pick, this has
advantages and disadvantages.  Parts of the year, we're indoors because
there's risk or occurrence of rain, and/or it's too damned cold on the
patio.  Other parts, it's great out there -- if mosquitos don't ruin the
party.

Starting at teatime (4 pm) has always seemed civilised, and people
staying to midnight aren't a problem to _me_ because we're there anyway
and don't have a long drive home.

However, lately SVLUG has needed to find new space for its installfests,
which for historical and site-requirements reasons were (most recently)
11am to 4pm.  I've offered to solve their problem ("they" being mostly
"us", anyway) by letting the SVLUG event occur on a CABAL day, the
installfest being basically what we've been doing twice a month since
January 1998, anyway.

Anyhow, how does 1pm to 9pm sound for new CABAL hours?  Comments
welcomed.  (It's very doubtful that we'd kick anyone out at 9pm, mind.)