[conspire] [bytesforall_readers] Can we rescue OLPC from Windows?: RMS

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Thu May 1 14:46:56 PDT 2008

Hi Ed,

I would love to have 30 XOs running Sugar on GNU/Linux to show to the kids
at the school.  And, for the upcoming year, the 7th and 8th grade science
teacher is very eager to have computers in his classroom, but he has limited
space, and the XO would be great for that.  Also, the XO would help him
teach a bit about radio and light and sound and computing, as well as all
the stuff that we know XOs running Free Software are great for.

BTW, Richard Stallman was at this school, and we have an on-going commitment
to teaching children about Richard Stallman's four freedoms.  The XO would a
great way to show them the power of Free Software.  How could I get a grant
of 30 XOs for this public middle school in San Francisco?  We are an urban
public middle school in a very mixed race, low income neighborhood, exactly
the demographics for which the XO was designed.

Thanks either way for your help, Ed.

c u
--
Christian Einfeldt,