[conspire] NYLXS Press Release on the OLPC Project

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Thu May 1 10:52:41 PDT 2008

prosolutions at gmx.net:
> Fascinating Nick.  The great event in japanese history that I know of
> was the typhoon in 1281 which wiped out the invading mogolese fleet
> under Kublai Kahn of over 3500 ships.

I believe there were actually *two* fleets launched by the Mongols
against Japan (One using Korean sailors, and then one using a more
developed fleet from the South of China), and both were wiped out by the
typhoon.  You can see how Japan managed to keep a policy of isolation
until Perry!

--
You are in an open field west of a big white house         Nick Moffitt
with a boarded front door.                                nick at zork.net