[conspire] Inserting Ads Into Message Postings?

Mark Weisler mark at weisler-saratoga-ca.us
Fri Mar 7 08:47:11 PST 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008 01:53:31 pm Mark Weisler wrote:
> While looking for some information I came upon this web site discussing
> Linux matters...
> http://forum.soft32.com/linux/gentoo-user-AMD64-Stability-ftopict333109.htm
>l and found (apparently) advertisements inserted into the middle of
> otherwise informative Linux postings.
>
> Have others seen this sort of thing? Is this a trend? Seems like, up until
> now, ads were somewhat segregated from the main material. Granted, there
> were tricks to get one to read the ads and notices disclosing that some
> information is an ad was subdued. But we may be entering a new age in which
> sites that may be "sponsored" will require the most careful reading to
> discern the author's opinion from the advertiser's ploy.

Thanks, all, for your most informative information.
I will _have to_ take action to reduce or eliminate this advertisement
insertion into otherwise useful material. It's one thing to have ads, it's
another to have them blend in with and blur the author's message which I find
quite objectionable.

--
Mark Weisler