[conspire] Kubuntu on ppc Rocks

David Fox dfox94085 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 23:38:59 PST 2008

On 1/26/08, John Andrews <jla1000 at comcast.net> wrote:

> 	Now I've found there's a ppc alternate cd for the new 8.04 available right
> now.I think I'll wait before I nuke all my hard work.

All that really is is a different install method which provides a way
to install on lower-memory footprint machines, if I remember
correctly. Besides, you don't need to reinstall it if you already have
gutsy working, and you can always do your regular updates and dist
upgrade to 8.04 when it comes out anyway.

Glad that it worked. I've done dist upgrades - even back in the
mandrake days and sometimes a reinstall works better, but I'm glad
that you could go all the way to gutsy from dapper without having to
actually do a complete reinstall.