[conspire] Communications, a lack thereof

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Jan 5 09:02:13 PST 2008

begin Daniel Gimpelevich quotation of Tue, Jan 01, 2008 at 10:06:08PM -0800:
> On Tue, 01 Jan 2008 20:39:29 -0800, Don Marti wrote:
>
> > Just to give you an idea, here's a law that just went
> > into effect today: if you're a California citizen,
> > and you have a store gift card worth less than $10,
> > the store has to give you cash for the card if you
> > ask for it.  If something like that can pass, then
> > it's easy to imagine the "if they take down your
> > DSL they have to pay you $10 per IP address per day"
> > bill passing too.
>
> I have a store gift card worth exactly $10. Not only can I not get cash
> for it, I can't get ANYTHING for it. Ideas?

(1) Start a gift card trading site.

(2) Put an annoying "invite everyone in your email
addressbook" feature on it and call it a "social
network".

(3) Get $20 million in VC investment.  Write off the
full cash value of the original card as a business
expense.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti/