[conspire] What's wrong with MEPIS

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Feb 26 13:41:52 PST 2008

Quoting Christian Einfeldt (einfeldt at gmail.com):

> I would be very surprised if Warren were opposed to such a thing.

Good.  I stress the "direction setting" part, though -- and many project
leaders will inevitably have problems with that.  "Kano" did, for
example.  That's why we now have Sidux.

> I can use almost any distro, except Gentoo, as happily as any other distro.

But do that (nearly) arbitrary distro's policies give it a reasonable
chance of continuing to exist and thrive?  Your choice turns out, from
that standpoint among others, to be quite important.  Just ask any [ex-]
Corel Linux OS or Libranet user.