[conspire] What's wrong with MEPIS

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 13:34:58 PST 2008

hi

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:24 PM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> If Warren's willing to consider (1) participation and especially (2)
> _direction-setting_ by other developers, that would be a good thing.

I would be very surprised if Warren were opposed to such a thing.  In other
words, if there is someone on this list who cares about Mepis enough to want
to see it survive, contact Warren now while Mepis is still alive, because
you might find that you have more direction and control than you had thought
you would get.

> (Getting more oarsmen to help push towards the waterfall isn't
> necessarily progress.)

I can use almost any distro, except Gentoo, as happily as any other distro.
So I am not particular about my distro.  But having met Warren, and seeing
how much he really loves Mepis, I think it would be sad to see it
disappear.  Of course, that is mere sentimentality, and if I had met Klaus
Knopper I would probably feel the same way about Knoppix.

Christian Einfeldt,
Producer, The Digital Tipping Point