[conspire] PING (Partimage Is Not Ghost) -- Backup and Restore Disk Partitions

Eric De MUND ead-conspire at ixian.com
Fri Feb 22 16:25:00 PST 2008

Rick,

Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>:
] You might consider:
]
] $ ( cd dir && tar Scpf - . ) | ( cd /mnt/somewhere && tar Sxvpf - )
]
] The "&&" is because you really don't _want_ the tar command to proceed
] unless the related "cd" works. The "S" means handle sparse files effi-
] ciently. "p" is preserve permissions. "v" is verbose reporting.

Learned something new today; I've used this tar idiom before, but I've
never seen this "S" flag before. Thanks!

Eric
--
"Every passing hour brings the Solar System forty-three thousand
miles closer to Globular Cluster M13 in Hercules--and still there

Eric De MUND   | Ixian Systems           | Jab: eadixian at jabber.org/main
ead at ixian.com  | 650 Castro St, #120-210 | Y!M: ead0002
ixian.com/ead/ | Mountain View, CA 94041 | ICQ: 811788