[conspire] Reiser trial: DNA tests partially flubbed, defence motion for mistrial

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 11:09:28 PST 2008

On Feb 6, 2008 8:39 AM, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:
> Quoting Eric De Mund (ead-conspire at ixian.com):
>
> > Now, to some particular points. I don't know Rick terribly personally
> > well, but I do believe that his statement above of "I currently think
> > it... more likely than not that Hans murdered her," would not be swamped
> > by what I've seen of the care he exercises in legal/moral judgement. I
> > believe that like Deirdre, and Christian, he would *not* convict here.
>
> Last I checked, the standard required for criminal convictions

When did you first start having these criminal convictions, sir?

> was "beyond any reasonable doubt", not "more likely than not".
>
> Did I not get a memo?  ;->

Of course you didn't, silly. It's a secret.

Our Lords and Masters in DC, under the Unlimited Decidership of George
III "Of course, it's easier if I'm the dictator" jr, have, as you
know, a Plan. There are rumors that it involves pink helicopters
emitting a "somebody else's problem" field, but if I could actually
tell you, we would suddenly become Somebody Else's Problem, and
Somebody Else[TM] would therefore have to shoot all of us. %-[ With
very large bird shot, know what I'm sayin'? For our own good.

"Eternal vigilance is the price of...Ooooh, shiny!"

In other news, I hear that the Mercury probe has found that it's 451
beneficently Fahrenheit at the terminator today. Lovely weather for a
spot of Gilbert & Sullivan, what? Trial by Jury, anyone?

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/