[conspire] some free monospace fonts

Eric De Mund ead-conspire at ixian.com
Fri Dec 19 04:16:24 PST 2008

All,

While checking to see if Bitstream Vera Sans Mono font was available
for Windows (I'm still stuck with keeping a Windows XP system around
for chess stuff and avi-to-DVD-Video conversion), I came across this
"gold mine of monospace font alternatives", as one person deemed it:

    AlternativeFonts
    http://wiki.macromates.com/Main/AlternativeFonts

I found the URL worth squirrelling away and thought other developers
here might as well. And yes, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono is available for
Windows; visit:

    Bitstream Vera Fonts
    http://www.gnome.org/fonts/

Cheers,