[conspire] mediawiki issue

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 21:03:06 PDT 2007

hi,

If there is anyone here who is experienced with mediawiki, the software that
runs Wikipedia, I would be very grateful for some tips as to this problem.
Essentially, mediawiki is not letting us edit newly-created pages.  We get
the error message given below when we try to do so.  One of our community
members installed a new version of Mediwiki, the most current version,
version 1.11.0, and most of the functionality is there and working fine.

I have tried to start a new page called "test page" here

http://digitaltippingpoint.com/wiki/index.php?title=Wiki_Coffee_House

If you click on the familiar pale red page name, normally mediawiki would
take you to the page, and allow you to start editing.  In this case, though,
clicking on the the pale red word, "test page" on the link above produces
the error message given below.  We have not found a whole lot of helpful
stuff from googling.

Thanks either way for considering my request!

Database error A database query syntax error has occurred. This may indicate
a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:

(SQL query hidden)

from within function "". MySQL returned error "1267: Illegal mix of
collations (latin1_bin,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for
operation '=' (localhost)".