[conspire] conspire Digest, Vol 54, Issue 25

Andrew Fife afife at untangle.com
Fri Nov 30 10:57:38 PST 2007

Quoting Rick Moen:

> You talk an amazing array of bizarre ideas about collecting thousands of
> dollars in donation money from (e.g.) Untangle, incorporating,
> reaffiliating with Sbay.org, getting 501(c)(3) charity non-profit
> recognition from the IRS...

Just want to jump in here because Untangle was mentioned.  I don't think
anything negative was meant by including Untangle in the above statement,
but I'd like to clarify any potential misconceptions that may exist.

Untangle would like to help local LUGs.  If that means helping recruit
speakers, donating cash, donating hardware, hosting servers, using our
office as meeting place or anything else, we would like to help and also
be involved.

Untangle is F/OSS (GPLv2) but we also use a lot of other F/OSS projects
like Debian, OpenVPN, SpamAssassin, Snort and many others.  So Untangle
has benefited greatly from F/OSS projects and we see helping LUGs as a
great way to give back to the community, in addition to directly
sponsoring some of the projects that we have built into our product.

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
download.untangle.com

650.425.3327 (O)