[conspire] Building grub-1.95
rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Nov 20 20:41:35 PST 2007
Misdirected to private mail.
----- Forwarded message from John Andrews <jla1200 at netzero.net> -----
From: John Andrews <jla1200 at netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:10:34 -0800
To: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
X-Mailer: Apple Mail (2.752.2)
Subject: Re: [conspire] Building grub-1.95
Rick's definitely right. I don't know why or what I,m doing building
grub-1.95 from scratch.
1. I see that you can get it with the package manager. I don't really
2. I don't understand how grub-mbr Windows and Linux boot..
3. 2 out of 3 partitions won't boot now.
4.Gutsy switches between hda and sda now in the menu.lst.
5. Grub uses Hd0 etc...instead of hda 0r sda
6. Gutsy started using uuid=xxxx... instead of root/dev/hda in the
7.When they say root =(hd0,0) in the menu list or grub prompt, what
pointing at? Hd0 is obviously the Windows hda HD.
8. What does it mean when the win 98 flashes through the boot splash
screen then drops you into a C:> prompt?When you try and boot it.
9. I think I grub> setup hd0 and later did fdisk /mbr to it. I
don't remember now!
10. I got all confused over this but I'm glad Kubutnu Gutsy keeps
11. I like how Dolphin and Kate work together.
12. It's probably better to have 1 distro per computer.
On Nov 20, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
[snip John quoting my entire post]
----- End forwarded message -----
More information about the conspire