[conspire] Installing Kubuntu on imac

John Andrews jla1200 at netzero.net
Thu Nov 8 19:27:15 PST 2007

I erased the old Os 9 and installed Kubuntu Alternate cd on it.
	The keyboard was putting out some garbage during the installation.
But I went ahead anyway
and thought I could change my Username, password machine name latter.
Now it won't boot up for the first time after
the installation completed.  The keyboard won't function right. It
goes thru the start-up splash screen and puts you into
a console to log in but you can't get the keyboard to type right. I
tried numerous times to log in. Now you can't use the
c key option to start the cd in rescue mode. Or erase  the disk to
start over. How can I erase the Hd and start over?
	I have another OSX imac and an external firewire enclosure. Can I do
something with that? Maybe erase the
Kubuntu if I put it in the FW enclosure?